All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe Energy Charter Treaty has come of age, with almost 50 States parties and a small but growing body of arbitral case law. In this new study of the Treaty's investment protection provisions, Thomas Roe and Matthew Happold set out to identify and explain the Treaty's principal provisions and to suggest answers to some of the difficult problems thrown up by its drafting. They discuss in detail questions such as the standards of protection granted by the Treaty and the international responsibility of States for breaches of the Treaty, the various procedures available for the vindication of rights under the Treaty and the conditions to be satisfied before a claimant's complaint may be considered on the merits. Specific issues addressed include the impact of EU law on claims under the Treaty and the Treaty's provisions concerning taxation.
- Author BiographyThomas Roe is a barrister at 3 Hare Court, Temple, London, specialising in commercial dispute resolution. He has extensive experience of disputes with international elements and concerning the rights and obligations of the State. He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Matthew Happold is Professor of Public International Law at the University of Luxembourg. He is also a member of chambers at 3 Hare Court, Temple, London. He has published extensively on a wide range of international law subjects. James Dingemans QC is Head of Chambers at 3 Hare Court, Temple, London. He is a recorder and Deputy High Court Judge (England and Wales), Chairman of the International Relations Committee of the Bar Council of England and Wales, a Member of the Council of the Commonwealth Lawyers' Association and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Author(s)Matthew Happold,Thomas Roe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleLaw Practitioner Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.