All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe text covers pioneering in the North American frontier from the Mississippi River Valley as far west as Alaska and Hawaii. Entries feature worthy deeds, ethinicities, languages, and diverse lifestyles. Examples stress the building of communities and businesses in the wilderness amid clashes with Indians and the physical and mental breakdowns brought on by epidemics, floods, drought, and outlawry. Amid the famous - Donner Party, Jesse Chisholm, Texas Rangers - flourish the ordinary families who survived a stirring period of American history.
- Author BiographyMary Ellen Snodgrass is an award-winning author of textbooks and reference works, including a number of volumes in the McFarland Literary Companions series. In addition to teaching at Lenoir Rhyne University, USA she serves as a traveling lecturer for the North Carolina Humanities Commission and a board member of the state library commission. She lives in Hickory, North Carolina, USA.
- Author(s)Mary Ellen Snodgrass
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NotePhotographs
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.