All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on his talks at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral on Good Friday 2015, the <em>New York Times</em> bestselling author and editor at large of <em>America</em> magazine offers a portrait of Jesus, using his last words on the cross to reveal how deeply he understood our predicaments, what it means to be fully human, and why we can turn to Christ completely, in mind, heart, and soul.</p>Each meditation is dedicated to one of the seven sayings: </p><em> Father, forgive them, for they do t kw what they do. </em></p><em> Today you will be with me in Paradise. </em></p><em> Woman, this is your son . . . This is your mother.
</em></p><em> My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
</em></p><em> I thirst.
</em></p><em> It is finished.
</em></p><em> Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. </em></p>With the warmth, wisdom, and grace that infuse his works, Father James Martin explains why Jesus's crucifixion and death on the cross is an important teaching moment in the Gospels. Jesus's final statements, words that are deeply cherished by his followers, exemplify the depth of his suffering but also provide a key to his empathy and why we can connect with him so deeply.</p>
- Author(s)Martin James
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.