All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Newton's Law of Gravity to the Black-Scholes model used by bankers to predict the markets, equations, are everywhere -- and they are fundamental to everyday life.Seventeen Equations that Changed the World examines seventeen ground-breaking equations that have altered the course of human history. He explores how Pythagoras's Theorem led to GPS and Satnav; how logarithms are applied in architecture; why imaginary numbers were important in the development of the digital camera, and what is really going on with Schrodinger's cat. Entertaining, surprising and vastly informative, Seventeen Equations that Changed the World is a highly original exploration -- and explanation -- of life on earth.
- Author BiographyIan Stewart is Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Warwick University. He has published more than eighty books including Mathematics of Life , Professor Stewart's Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities , Professor Stewart's Hoard of Mathematical Treasures and The Science of Discworld trilogy with Terry Pratchett. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society, appears frequently on radio and television, and does research on pattern formation and network dynamics.
- Author(s)Ian Stewart
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight288 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJohn Davey
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.