All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- Description*** Featuring a foreword by Pritzker Prize Winner Shigeru Ban *** Bringing together experts from research and practice, Shell Structures for Architecture: Form Finding and Optimization presents contemporary design methods for shell and gridshell structures, covering form-finding and structural optimization techniques. It introduces architecture and engineering practitioners and students to structural shells and provides computational techniques to develop complex curved structural surfaces, in the form of mathematics, computer algorithms, and design case studies. * Part I introduces the topic of shells, tracing the ancient relationship between structural form and forces, the basics of shell behaviour, and the evolution of form-finding and structural optimization techniques. * Part II familiarizes the reader with form-finding techniques to explore expressive structural geometries, covering the force density method, thrust network analysis, dynamic relaxation and particle-spring systems. * Part III focuses on shell shape and topology optimization, and provides a deeper understanding of gradient-based methods and meta-heuristic techniques. * Part IV contains precedent studies of realised shells and gridshells describing their invative design and construction methods.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note176 colour illustrations, 6 colour tables, 184 colour line drawings
- Weight1043 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byChris Williams,Diederik Veenendaal,Philippe Block,Sigrid Adriaenssens
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.