All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the best kwn of all Hindu deities is Shiva and kwn as a god of the people. He is also a god of paradox, appearing to live out two extremely contradictory lives. He is depicted in the Puranas as wild, recklessly austere and even ferociously destructive. At the same time we hear of his compassionate and merciful nature. The stories of this complex god, such as how he swallowed a pool of poison that threatened to destroy the world, make for an engaging and mystifying read! Shiva features generous illustration by both traditional and contemporary Indian artists.
- Author BiographyJames H. Bae is a practitioner of both Hindu and Buddhist yoga systems. For years Bae has lived in India investing himself in his spiritual study and training as a monk. His primary areas of study include Oriental medicine, Hindu and Buddhist art, and Eastern philosophy and culture. Bae is the author of Darshan: Sweet Sounds of Surrender, Smaranam: A Garland of Kirtan, In a World of Gods and Goddesses: The Mystic Art of Indra Sharma, and a frequent writer for the Mandala diety mini-books. Bae currently writes and studies at his home in Hilo, Hawaii.
- Author(s)James H. Bae
- PublisherMandala Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMandala Publishing Group
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight90 g
- Width89 mm
- Height108 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.