All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the New York Drama Critics Circle AwardThis powerful drama of prison life is set in a house of detention where a group of young convicts-predominantly black and Puerto Rican-taunt, fight, insult, and entertain one ather in an attempt to preserve their sanity and to create a semblance of community. When a young white prisoner accused of child molesting is thrown into the cell block by a guard who says he belongs in Sing Sing because the men up there konw what to do with degenerates like you, the stage is set for an explosive series of events; for, among prisoners, this child molester called short eyes is the lowest of criminals.
- Author BiographyMiguel Pinero, once a burglar, mugger, shoplifter, and drug addict, began writing when serving a five-year sentence in Sing Sing for armed robbery. He was discovered and encouraged by Marvin Felix Camillo, who conducted a drama workshop at the prison. Camillo's workshop grew into an acting company of ex-convicts called The Family, members of which made up most of the cast in Joseph Papp's premiere production of Short Eyes in 1974. Mr. Pinero died in 1988.
- Author(s)Migu Pinero,Miguel Pi Ero,Miguel Pinero
- PublisherHill & Wang
- Date of Publication01/01/1975
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleMermaid Dramabook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byFelix Camillo,Marvin Felix Camillo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.