All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $27.44Was:AU $42.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWith thousands of patterns sold online in quilt and sewing shops, designer Michelle Golightly has demonstrated she has her creative finger on the pulse of the sewing market. Her bag patterns, in particular, are fresh and utilitarian, both feminine and fashioned with the latest hardware. This book will speak to the sewist and crafter and even the casual creator who loves fabric and better still is always looking for an excuse to talk about her sewing - what better than a truly adorable bag?
- Author BiographyInternational schooling and travel educated me in culture, history, music and art. From concert halls to parades down cobbled stone streets in tiny villages I performed as a fiddler, violinist, and pianist throughout Asia, Canada, USA, and Europe. I studied humanities and history for 6 months in Vienna where I witnessed some of the most magnificent operas written and performed in parks and recital halls. I try to be an artist in my own corner of the world and help others to be motivated to create extraordinary things. After marrying I began sewing for others; curtains, pillows, prom dresses and wedding dresses. I am inspired by fine fabrics, lace, beading, and color. Transitioning into designing bag patterns was seamless. After I constructed some of Lila Tueller's samples for International Quilt Market, she asked me to design a bag featuring her new line of laminated cotton. This pattern was unique enough that Patchwork Spezial magazine from Germany published it in German in 2011. Over the next three years I self-published eleven more patterns covering a diverse cross section from clutches, organizers, computer and iPad cases, dresses and coats for women a tweens, and even a formal/wedding dress. In 2014 Bernina Virtual Clubs choose to feature my Sweet Clutches pattern for one of their featured patterns. In partnering with Lila I continue to design patterns for her new fabric lines and distribute hardware kits for all of our patterns.
- Author(s)Michelle Golightly
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKrause Publications
- Content Note100 colour illustrations, 225 black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.