All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by international Award Winner Deepak Men, with a Readers Favorite 5 Star review, Skymerge, is a sweeping well researched vel of the opening up of Space, spanning 5 Planets including Earth, and a planet named Rukana where a major portion of the events comprising this amazing vel occur. There are many heroes in this book and many heroines, each unforgettable with a unique personality distinctly different from any other protagonist in this book, or any other in its genre. The book begins with a shattering prologue reminiscent of medieval times on Earth, yet relating to ather Planet. The story starts with the discovery of a Scroll and a Bracelet in a remote desert location in Africa, found in a geological layer dated a million years ago, before mankind manifested in its present form as a sentient species. This seems impossible unless the artifacts are of extraterrestrial origin. Alternating the chapters between Earth and other Planets, the story is skillfully built into a cohesive whole, bringing with it glimpses of different cultures, battles, and a war, as also a very human touch of love, affection, courage and wide ranging vision amongst the characters. Inevitably the story builds up to 'Contact' with the Aliens from the alien planet situated Light Years away, yet the conceptualization is well interwoven with the Laws of Physics & Nature that the reader can t entirely discount the hard core science fiction concepts in Skymerge, since it retains an element of plausibility albeit minuscule, which is what this book is all about! It successfully explores the outermost boundaries of physical constraints with the message that what may be fiction today, may be the facts of tomorrow. Skymerge succeeds in effectively delivering a gripping adventure story based on hardcore astrophysics and astromy to the layman, without straying too far into the realm of fantasy.
- Author BiographyBorn in the picturesque city of Dehradun, in the beautiful Doon Valley, near the 'Queen of the Hills', Mussoorie, India, Deepak Menon is the son of an Indian Army officer who retired as a Brigadier. He owes much of his inclination towards reading and writing to his Aunt who was the Principal of a school, and his kind gentle and loving mother. He married an officer in the same bank he worked in. Both rose to the rank of Assistant General Managers and have two fine children - a son Samir completing a Multidisciplinary Phd. with a Fellowship from Stanford CA, and his daughter Serena, a senior Journalist in one of India's largest English Dailies. He finally resigned from his bank officers job in 2011 to follow his passion to write books across genres. Years ago, when dreams were alive, and there were songs and paeans of love and adventure on every lip as he puts it, Deepak sat beside his little children at bedtime and started telling them a bedtime story which grew into his Award Winning books of Tales & Fables about the delightful Hero of the Tales of the Booga Dooga Land, Pickwick the Pixie! His first book of Tales went on to receive 5 star reviews and became a winner in the 2013 Readers Favorite International Book Awards Contest. He followed this with two more books of the Tales of the Booga Dooga Land, which are well received internationally. He paused to write two volumes of well received Structured poetry including a volume of Classical Quatrains as a tribute to Omar Khayyam, which is originally written in English, yet managing to retain the ethos of Khayyam's Persian Poetry. After his Epic Sci Fi 'Skymerge', he published another Readers Favorite 5 Star interstellar Sci Fi epic 'SKYSPLITTER' which has immediately started with more 5 Star reviews from verified Amazon customers. He is currently working on his third Sci Fi Novel 'SPACEVASION' and plans to go on to writing a period novel about runaways in Bombay in 1971.
- Author(s)Deepak Menon
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.