All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionSmart Buildings: Advanced Materials and Natechlogy to Improve Energy Efficiency and Environmental Performance presents a thorough analysis of the latest advancements in construction materials and building design that are applied to maximize building efficiency in both new and existing buildings. After a brief introduction on the issues concerning the design process in the third millennium, Part One examines the differences between Zero Energy, Green, and Smart Buildings, with particular emphasis placed on the issue of smart buildings and smart housing, mainly the 'envelope' and how to make it more adaptive with the new possibilities offered by natechlogy and smart materials. Part Two focuses on the last generation of solutions for smart thermal insulation. Based on the results of extensive research into more invative insulation materials, chapters discuss achievements in natechlogy, bio-ecological, and phase-change materials. The technical characteristics, performance level, and methods of use for each are described in detail, as are the achievements in the field of green walls and their use as a solution for upgrading the energy efficiency and environmental performance of existing buildings. Finally, Part Three reviews current research on smart windows, with the assumption that transparent surfaces represent the most critical element in the energy balance of the building. Chapters provide an extensive review on the technical features of transparent closures that are currently on the market or under development, from so-called dynamic glazing to bio-adaptive and photovoltaic glazing. The aesthetic potential and performance limits are also be discussed.
- Author BiographyMarco Casini has been a Professor of Architecture Technology and of Environmental Certification of Buildings at Sapienza University of Rome since 2002. He is Scientific Director of the Editorial Board of the Journal Ponte and a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, David Publishing, NY. He is also a member of the Inter-regional Working Group for Sustainable Construction at the Italian Institute for Innovation and Transparency in Government Procurement and Environmental Compatibility. He carries out research in the fields of zero energy, green and smart buildings and nanotechnologies, smart materials and renewable energy for buildings. He has written many essays, articles and proceedings and is the author of Designing the efficiency of buildings: Certification of energy and environmental sustainability (Roma, DEI, 2013), Building the environment: Tools and methods of environmental design (Milano, Edizioni Ambiente, 2009), and EMAS Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (Milano, IlSole24Ore, 2004).
- Author(s)Marco Casini
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.