All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an accident on an industrial farm unhinges two young brothers from reality, they are guided through a weird and wonderful journey by Xolo, the Aztec's mythological protector of souls. Follow the brothers through a typical day, from their arrival at an industrial tobacco farm bussed in with others early in the morning, throughout their grueling chores and ultimately to the accident that drops them into the realm of the Xolo. Smoke is inspired by journalistic accounts of underaged workers in the tobacco industry. These children often suffer neurological and physical effects from exposure to the raw nicotine found in the plants they harvest, as well as from the hazardous conditions they endure to complete this hard labor. The book is wordless, employing vibrant full-color art and bold compositions to convey a realistically unreal world, which has become a hallmark of Benton's work. Gregory Benton received the Society of Illustrators inaugural MoCCA Award of Excellence for his critically acclaimed wordless book B+F. Smoke is ather column in the lore of that universe.
- Author BiographyGregory Benton: Gregory Benton has been making comix since 1993. He cut his teeth on the political anthology World War 3, moving on to writing and drawing stories for Nickelodeon, Vertigo, DC Comics, Disney Adventures, Watson-Guptil, Entertainment Weekly, and his books Hummingbird and B+F.
- PublisherAlternative Comics
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationGainesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlternative Comics
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight314 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gregory Benton
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.