All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionHow well do you really kw your favourite author? Ace literary detective turned quizmaster John Sutherland and Austen buff Deirdre Le Faye challenge the reader to find out. Starting with easy, factual questions that test how well you remember a vel and its characters, the quiz progresses to a level of greater difficulty, demanding close reading and interpretative deduction. What really motivates the characters, and what is going on beneath the surface of the story? Designed to amuse and divert, the questions and answers take the reader on an imaginative journey into the world of Jane Austen, where hypothesis and speculation produce fascinating and unexpected insights. Whether you are an expert or enthusiast, So You Think You Kw Jane Austen? guarantees you will kw her much better after reading it. ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful tes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
- Author BiographyJohn Sutherland has recently retired as Lord Northcliffe Professor of Modern English Literature at University College London. He has edited numerous editions for OWC, including novels by Thackeray, Dickens, Wilkie Collins, Trollope and most recently Lytton Strachey's Eminent Victorians. He is the author of Is Heathcliff a Murderer?, Can Jane Eyre Be Happy?, Who Betrays Elizabeth Bennet?,and (with Cedric Watts) Henry V, War Criminal?. His most recent book is a biography of Stephen Spender. Deirdre Le Faye is a renowned Austen expert, editor ofJane Austen's Letters (OUP, 1995). She is also the author of The Jane Austen Cookbook (1995), Jane Austen: The World of Her Novels (2002), and Jane Austen: A Family Record (1989, new edtion 2003).
- Author(s)Deirdre Le Faye,John Sutherland
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteone line drawing
- Weight179 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.