All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'It is an easy read, and a really useful resource for all levels of early years staff, focusing on key areas such as social, language and self-esteem skills in young children. It is particularly useful, too, for anyone working in early years education who has care experience' - Sure Start 'there is much to draw on, especially references to the language that practitioners use, the importance of being reflective and conflict being seen as an opportunity for learning. This book...can be a useful reference for practitioners and Level 2/3 tutors to dip into' - Under 5 'This book will be invaluable for anyone wishing to improve or update their understanding of children's social and behavioural learning - whether experienced or newly qualified practitioners' - Early Education 'This book would be a valuable training aid for those who deliver social and behavioural training in the early years' - Nursery World Do you need to help the young children in your care improve their social, emotional and behavioural skills? This user-friendly book will offer you suggested strategies and sensible advice, based on what is realistic and achievable in practice. The book offers guidance on the following: } social skills } language skills } self-esteem } offering both education and care within the OfSTED Framework } implementing relevant government legislation (Birth to Three Matters, the Foundation Stage Curriculum, the revised SEN Code of Practice, the Disability Discrimination Act) } delivering training - trainers' tes and photocopiable resources are included. Class teachers, nursery managers, playgroup workers, SENCOs, EYDCPs, early years students and every professional working with young children aged from 0 to five years in an education and care context will find this book useful.
- Author BiographyKay Mathieson is Inclusion and SEN Team Manager for an EYDCP (Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership).
- Author(s)Kay Mathieson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.