Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description'Sometimes when you're reading Neal Stephenson, he doesn't just seem like one of the best velists writing in English right w; he seems like the only one.' Time One of the most talented and creative authors working today, Neal Stephenson is rewned for his exceptional vels - works colossal in vision and mind-boggling in complexity. Exploring and blending a diversity of topics, including techlogy, ecomics, history, science, pop culture, and philosophy, his books are the product of a keen and adventurous intellect. Not surprisingly, Stephenson is regularly asked to contribute articles, lectures, and essays to numerous outlets, from major newspapers and cutting edge magazines to college symposia. This remarkable collection brings together previously published short writings, both fiction and nfiction as well as a new essay (and an extremely short story) created specifically for this volume. Stephenson ponders a wealth of subjects, from movies and politics to David Foster Wallace and the Midwestern American College Town; video games to classics-based sci-fi; how geekdom has become cool and how science fiction has become mainstream (whether people admit it or t); the future of publishing and the origins of his vels. By turns amusing and profound, critical and celebratory, yet always entertaining, Some Remarks offers a fascinating look into the prismatic mind of this extraordinary writer.
- Author BiographyNeal Stephenson is the author of eight novels, including Cryptonomicon and the cult success Snow Crash. Four of his last five novels have been number one New York Times bestsellers. He lives in Seattle.
- Author(s)Neal Stephenson
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight605 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.