All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the third collection by award-winning poet Rachel Rose, is composed of fierce hymns to the particular and universal struggles of birth, passion and loss, and the paradoxical quest for n-attachment in a treacherous, unpredictable and yet deeply beloved world. Rose delves into the world of myth, using the stories of Daphne and Peneus, Shamhat and Enkidu and Grendel's mother to create new allegories for our times. Her poems also explore the aftereffects of suicide on those left behind, the truths of lesbian motherhood and the exquisite splendour of the natural world. Thus, even as she celebrates the cherry trees that ...create a spectacle, tossing their wet confetti/ at the window. A child's hair falls out/ on her pillow. Blood pools under the skin of the sky , she holds always the synchrous reality of beauty and pain, death and birth, love and loss, at the heart of her poetry. This hard-won kwledge makes her world and her words unforgettable.
- Author BiographyRachel Roses work has appeared in various journals including Poetry, The Malahat Review and The Best American Poetry, as well as numerous anthologies. Her most recent poetry collection, Song & Spectacle (Harbour, 2012) won the Audre Lorde Award in the US and the Pat Lowther Memorial Award in Canada. She was the librettist for the opera When the Sun Comes Out, which grapples with fundamentalism and forbidden love. She is the winner of the Peterson Memorial Prize for poetry and the Bronwen Wallace award for fiction, and the recipient of a 2014 Pushcart Prize. She is the Poet Laureate of Vancouver for 20142017.
- Author(s)Rachel Rose
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Weight195 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.