All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe ecomic, political, and cultural forces of globalization affect every citizen of the world-and the institutions that govern them. Against a backdrop of increasing resistance to these forces, especially in the developing world, this volume establishes a new theoretical and practical framework for analyzing the effects of globalization on nation-states, local governments, ngovernmental and international organizations, and other administrative systems. Invoking a term attributed to Darius the Great over 2,500 years ago-sound governance-editors Ali Farazmand and Rosalyn Carter set the stage for a rich and multidimensional collection of essays on emerging issues in public administration around the world. Topics include: The impact and influence of the United Nations; Ethics and accountability in government; Applying the total quality management model to public sector institutions; Judicial and legislative reforms; Business-government partnerships and improvements in the delivery of public services. The result is a comprehensive study of invations in public administration that will serve as an essential resource for students, researchers, policymakers, and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyALI FARAZMAND is Director of the School of Public Administration at Florida Atlantic University, where he also teaches graduate and Ph.D. courses.
- Author(s)Ali Farazmand,Rosalynn Carter
- Date of Publication30/12/2004
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight639 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.