CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionInternational migration is a dynamic global phemen that has been drawing increasing attention from both scholars and policymakers over the last few decades. It is particularly relevant to South Asia, since the region is a vast source of sojourner migrant labour, as well as home to permanent immigrant and diaspora communities. The chapters brought together in this volume provide insights into the study of international migration, diaspora engagement and remittances in South Asia. In particular, they analyse the implications of this phemen in relation to development and shed light on migration- and diaspora-led development in two sections: firstly, Remittance-Induced Development and secondly Diaspora-Induced Development. The geographic focus of the volume is the global South Asian emigrant population who live outside the region. This volume demonstrates that international migration, remittances and development offer an exciting field of academic study, as well as a vibrant area of policy study. Its multi-disciplinary dimensions enlarge its scope and applicability across several domains. As such, this volume offers an important contribution to the growing field of international migration in both the academic and policy spheres.
- Author BiographyMd Mizanur Rahman is Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of South Asian Studies at the National University of Singapore. His recent co-edited books include Diaspora Engagement and Development in South Asia (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013), Migrant Remittances in South Asia (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014), and International Migration and Development in South Asia (Routledge, 2015). Zaara Zain Hussain is Researcher at the Institute of South Asian Studies at the National University of Singapore, specializing in international development and labour policy in South Asia and Southeast Asia. She has written extensively for the Institute of South Asian Studies, and has contributed to journals such as Geopolitics, History and International Relations and Journal of International Affairs.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMd Mizanur Rahman,Zaara Zain Hussain
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.