All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpasticity is a common symptom that arises in a wide range of neurological conditions. Unfortunately, a poor understanding and inadequate management of spasticity often results in it having a greater impact on patients than necessary. Using a multidisciplinary approach, Spasticity Management: A Practical Multidisciplinary Guide provides the essential kwledge for the effective management of spasticity as well as the practical tools for developing wide-ranging services. In line with the previous edition, this book emphasises the importance of all team members being involved in educating the individual with spasticity and, if appropriate, their carers and families. Thoroughly updated, this edition discusses new medications available for spasticity management, increased coverage of postural management via occupational therapy input, and pragmatic guidance using illustrations, algorithms and linkages to real-world clinical practice. New chapters have been added to address individuals making the transition from paediatric to adult services as well as the provision of optimal end-of-life care. Also included are real-life case studies to emphasise learning points while engaging the reader, making this a valuable guide to any practitioner involved in managing spasticity.
- Author BiographyEdited by Valerie L. Stevenson, MD, MRCP (UK), National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK Louise Jarrett, RGN, PhD, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note76 black & white illustrations, 82 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLouise Jarrett,Valerie L. Stevenson
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.