All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe spelt is the best of grains. Hildegard of Bingen Spelt has ancient beginnings and potentially significant health benefits. Once kwn as the main ingredient in small, dense and dull-tasting loaves and some only slightly more tasty crackers, spelt has come a long way. Now available at Whole Foods and other specialty and gourmet markets, foodies and health enthusiasts are turning onto the benefits of spelt and calling it a supergrain. Spelt is truly a wholegrain, in contrast to so many of the pretenders on the shelves these days. Unlike wheat, where the nutritional benefits of bran and germ are largely removed during milling, the good stuff in spelt is found in the inner kernel of the grain, and so survives the milling process unscathed. Everyday bloating can make you feel self-conscious and your clothes tight and uncomfortable. Once you ve ruled out a food intolerance/allergy or serious gastrointestinal conditions as the cause, making the choice of spelt rather than wheat can help you banish the bloat forever. It seems that sensitive digestive systems find spelt is more easily tolerated than those varieties of modern wheat.
- Author BiographyRoger Saul, the founder of British designer label Mulberry, owns Sharpham Park, an organic farm in Somerset. The estate produces a wide range of spelt products and these are sold throughout England and Wales and through supermarkets, including Sainsbury's and Asda. They have just launched the website greatbritishspeltrecipes.com, in association with Bowel Cancer UK, with support from numerous A-list chefs, including Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Yotam Ottolenghi.
- Author(s)Roger Saul
- PublisherDuncan Baird Publishers
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuncan Baird Publishers
- Weight680 g
- Width188 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.