Spin-Free Economics: A No-Nonsense, Non-Partisan Guide to Today's Global Economic Debates by Nariman Behravesh (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith techlogy and globalization advancing at breakneck speed, the world ecomy becomes more complex by the day. Activists, politicians, and media enablers-conservative and liberal, left and right, informed and just plain wrong-consistently seize this opportunity to present woefully simplistic explanations and hype the latest myths regarding issues affecting the ecomy. Their purpose is t to educate but to advocate and, in many cases involving the media, manufacture outrage to drive ratings higher. So, where can you find the truth about today's ecomy and how it affects you? Turn off the TV, put down the magazine, log off the Internet-and read this book. Spin-Free Ecomics places the current ecomic debates where they belong: in the middle of the road. With political ax to grind, Nariman Behravesh takes a centrist approach to explain how today's ecomic issues affect individuals and businesses. Along the way, he debunks myths regarding the effects of immigration, unemployment, regulation, productivity, education, health care, and other headline issues. Spin-Free Ecomics answers today's most pressing questions, including * Will more regulation prevent financial crises? * Are outsourcing and foreign ownership good or bad for Americans? * Should we fear or embrace Asia's emerging ecomic powers? * Is aid or trade the solution to global poverty? The vast majority of ecomists, Behravesh points out, are independent analysts who are in agreement on many of today's issues. Unfortunately, the subject has been taken over by opportunists, whose answers to the questions above invariably fall along partisan lines. Spin-Free Ecomics is a breath of fresh air for those seeking an alternative to the chatter of ideologues and cynics. Rejecting the manipulative approach of sound-bite ecomics, Nariman Behravesh uses facts and insight tempered by clearheaded reason to present the most accurate assessment of the subject to date.
- Author BiographyNariman Behravesh is Chief Economist for Global Insight, an economic and financial analysis firm. He previously served as Chief International Economist at Standard & Poor's.
- Author(s)Nariman Behravesh
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication30/11/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight682 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.