Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis historical ethgraphy from Central Sudan explores the century-old intertwining of zar , spirit possession, with past lives of ex-slaves and shows that, despite very different social and cultural contexts, zar has continued to be shaped by the experience of slavery.
- Author BiographySusan M. Kenyon is professor emerita of the Department of Anthropology at Butler University, USA.
- Author(s)Susan M. Kenyon
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Anthropology of Religion
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.