Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWith increased interest since the mid 1980s in the science of sport, this is a text that overviews the role of the sports therapist. The book provides both a theoretical and practical foundation on which to build further kwledge, skills and expertise. It should be a useful source of information for the student of sports therapy, as well as the qualififed therapist. The book looks at the different perspectives and definitions of the subject, then goes on to cover: exercise, training, fitness and performance; injury, inflammation, healing and repair; examination, assessment and diagsis; treatment; rehabilitation; legal, professional, ethical, moral and practice management issues; drugs/cheating; sports injury clinic; and travelling with the teams.
- Author BiographyJames Briggs, B. Ed. (Hons.) is both a member of the Society of Sports Therapists, and the British Osteopathic Association. He has spent almost 30 years in education, and 15 years in health care/complementary medicine. He runs his own clinic in Oldham, as well as lecturing from certificate to degree level for the Society of Sports Therapists and National Coaching Foundation.
- Author(s)James Briggs
- PublisherCorpus Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication31/05/2001
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSports Science
- Place of PublicationLydney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorpus Publishing Limited
- Content Note50 b&w photographs, 20 illustrations
- Weight927 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.