All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionIdentify the signs Ask the right questions Get to the truth Spy the Lie is a fascinating study of deception and a comprehensive lesson in how to identify and combat it. Featuring case studies based on the authors' real-life experiences in the field - involving 'turned' assets, KGB moles and criminal government officials - it reveals the methodology developed and used by the CIA to detect deception in the realms of counterterrorism and criminal investigation, and shows you how you can apply these techniques in your daily life. Whether hiring a new employee, investing money, kwing whether your boss is being straight with you, or finding out what your kids have been up to, this ingenious book will enable you to identify deceptive behavior in all its forms, and show you the techniques that will help you reach the truth.
- Author BiographyPhilip Houston spent 25 years in the CIA, including roles as an investigator and a polygraph examiner. He is credited with developing a detection of deception methodology currently employed throughout the U.S. intelligence and federal law enforcement communities. Together with Mike Floyd and Susan Carnicero - like Phil, former CIA agents and leading authorities on interviewing, detection of deception, and elicitation - he founded Qverity, a provider of behavioral analysis and screening services for private- and public sector clients worldwide. Don Tennant is a former National Security Agency analyst, and is now a business/ technology journalist. He has been the recipient of a number of prestigious journalistic awards, including the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award.
- Author(s)Mike Floyd,Philip Houston,Susan Carnicero
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content NoteOccasional b&w photos in text
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.