Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionStars of Empire is a role playing game in which the Victorian Powers have discovered space flight and are striking out across the vast darkness of interplanetary space. As they explore frontiers on Earth, Luna Mars and Venus they encounter transplanted populations of humans, ancient and terrible alien races and ferocious exotic beasts, until 1892 each considered the other Great Powers to be their biggest rivals. It was in that year The Hive broke free in Devon and threatened more than just the balance of power on Earth. The Hive put the very existence of mankind at stake. Stars of Empire is a stand alone game book. It contains the core role playing rules, based on Black Pigeon Press' Hacktastic system and a detailed and dangerous universe setting. The Victorian in Our Time Line was a period of exploration and scientific achievement, military conflict and colonial conquest and social upheaval. In Stars of Empire aerial and space travel have been cleverly grafted into this historical fabric. Players will be able to interact on t only Earth but other worlds as well. Mars is home to a race of ancient aliens, powerful dangerous and unpredictable to the minds of men. Their true powers and purposes are shrouded in mystery. It is kw that for many thousands of years they have harvested humans from Earth for use as slaves. With this human workforce Mars has been transformed from a lifeless rock into a tropical greenhouse of a world. Venus, beneath its thick atmosphere is a strange mix of dark basalt plains and humid cloud forests. Rules include character generation, combat and detailed sections allowing characters to develop engineering projects, scientific theories or inventions.
- Author BiographyTerry Sofian describes himself as a generalist in a world of specialists. After starting out as a naval architecture student at Michigan he (finally) earned degrees in anthropology (BA) and biology (MS) both from the University of Missouri at St Louis. He has worked as a genetic engineer, a radiopharmachemist, in disaster preparedness and homeland security management and in health, safety and environmental compliance for hospitals, nuclear waste cleanup sites and numerous industry clients. In addition to paid work he has a long history of community involvement as a volunteer Firefighter/EMT, Hazmat Team member and Vice Commander/Diver for his county's Search and Rescue Team. Army National Guard/Reserves and the Navy Reserve as a Non-commissioned Officer complete his resume. Through all of this he has maintained his love of history and science and a vast curiosity about nearly anything. In his copious free time he reads voraciously and occasionally writes. He has had a novella Blackwater Ghosts published in Weird Tales and several non-fiction pieces in The Coast Artillery Journal and Warship International. A number of gaming articles have appeared in Challenge, Mars, Transactions of the Royal Martian Geological Society and several fanzines. His first complete game was No Sailor But a Fool published by Clash of Arms for their Admiralty Trilogy. His current projects include the Steampunk/Victorian Science Fiction setting of Stars of Empire, also know as Hive, Queen and Country. Merging his intricate back-story and universe with Black Pigeon Press' incredibly adaptable Hacktastic game engine has produced Stars of Empire a detailed but flexible role playing setting that allows players to adventure in an altered Victorian era, facing threats from both Earth and Off-World. He is married to his amazingly intelligent wife Shannon and has an extremely bright daughter Kelly. In addition they share their home with four cats as well as a vast and ever increasing library.
- Author(s)Terry N Sofian
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.