Strategic Management in Schools and Colleges by SAGE Publications Ltd (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- Description'This book is helpful in providing a survey of where education has reached in strategic planning in theory and practice. Helpfully, case studies are scattered throughout so readers can compare themselves with other schools and pick up do and don't tips ' - Management in Education 'The strategies presented here are quite useful to provide future directions t only to the managers but also to the planners and trainers' - Journal of Education Planning and Administration This book examines the issue of strategic management in schools and colleges. The contributors present an overview of theory in order to enhance management practice in education, and articulate good practice on the basis of evidence in education settings. The ideas presented here are derived from international research and practice, and apply to all phases of education, with the emphasis on using the findings to improve practice in schools and colleges.
- Author BiographyJacky Lumby (Ph.D. University of Leicester) is Professor of Education and Head of the School of Education at the University of Southampton, UK. She has taught and led in a range of educational settings, including secondary/high schools, community and further/technical education. She has also worked for a Training and Enterprise Council, with a regional responsibility for developing leaders across the public and private sectors. She has researched and published widely on educational policy, leadership and management in schools and colleges, in the UK and internationally. Her work on leadership encompasses a range of perspectives, including diversity issues, comparative and international perspectives and leading upper secondary education. She has co-edited International handbook on the preparation and development of school leaders (2008). Her most recent book is, with Marianne Coleman, Leadership and Diversity: Challenging Theory and Practice in Education (2007). She is co- editor of the journal International Studies in Educational Administration and a member of the Council of the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCentre for Educational Leadership & Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid Middlewood,Jacky Lumby
- Foreword byTony Bush
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.