All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn Strategies for Success in Musical Theatre, veteran musical director and teacher Herbert Marshall provides an essential how-to guide for teachers or community members who find themselves in charge of music directing a show. Stepping off the podium, Marshall offers practical and often humorous real-world advice on managing auditions; organizing rehearsals; working with a choir, choreographer, and leads; how to run a sitzprobe, a technical rehearsal, and a dress rehearsal; how to manage the cast and crew energy for a successful opening night; and ways to end the experience on a high te for all involved. Throughout the book, Marshall emphasizes the importance of learning through performance and the beauty of a group united in a common goal. In doing so, he turns what can appear as a never-ending list of tasks and demand for specialized kwledge into a manageable, educational, and ultimately engaging and fun experience for all. Because the techniques in Marshall's book have been thoroughly workshopped and classroom tested, they are based in proven pedagogy and will be of particular use for the music director in acting as a teaching director: someone imparting theatrical kwledge to his or her cast and production staff. Marshall provides both extended and abbreviated timelines, flexible to fit any director's needs. Marshall's book is a greatly beneficial resource for music education students and teachers alike, giving an insightful glimpse into the range of possibilities within a music educator's career. Musicians and actors with varying levels of skill and experience will be able to grow simultaneously through Marshall's invative teaching plans. Through collaborative techniques, steps in the book serve to educate both director and student. Thoroughly illustrated with charts, diagrams, and scores, Strategies for Success in Musical Theatre is an ideal companion for all who work with school and community based musical theater productions.
- Author BiographyHerbert Marshall is Associate Professor in Music Education at Baldwin Wallace University Conservatory of Music and serves on the editorial board of Research and Issues in Music Education. He maintains an active schedule as a clinician, consultant, adjudicator, and conductor, and teaches workshops for the Gordon Institute of Music Learning.
- Author(s)Herbert D. Marshall
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note48
- Weight404 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.