Streams in the Desert: 366 Daily Devotional Readings by L. B. E. Cowman, Jim Reimann (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor years, the beloved classic devotional Streams in the Desert has sustained and replenished God's weary desert travelers. Now, bursting forth like a sparkling clear river of wisdom, encouragement, and inspiration, this updated edition of Streams in the Desert promises to revive and refresh today's generation of faithful sojourners, providing daily Scripture passages from the popular, readable New International Version-and modern, easy-to-understand language that beautifully captures the timeless essence of the original devotional. I said, The desert is so wide! I said, The desert is so bare! What springs the quench my thirst are there? Where will I from the tempest hide? In a barren wilderness, L. B. Cowman long ago discovered a fountain that sustained her, and she shared it with the world. Streams in the Desert-her collection of prayerful meditations, Christian writings, and God's written promises-has become one of the most dearly loved, best-selling devotionals of all time since its first publication in 1925. Filled with insight into the richness of God's provision and the purpose of his plan, this enduring classic has encouraged and inspired generations of Christians. I heard the flow of hidden springs; Before me palms rose green and fair; The birds were singing; all the air Was filled and stirred with angels' wings. Now James Reimann, editor of the highly acclaimed, updated edition of My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, again brings us the wisdom of the past in the language of today by introducing this updated edition of Streams in the Desert. With fresh, contemporary wording and precise NIV text, the timeless message of the original flows unhindered through these pages, lending guidance and hope to a new generation of believers. Day by day, Streams in the Desert will lead you from life's dry, desolate places to the waters of the River of Life-and beyond, to their very Source.
- Author BiographyL. B. Cowman worked as a pioneer missionary with her husband in Japan and China from 1901 to 1917, during which time they helped found the Oriental Missionary Society. When Mr. Cowman's poor health forced the couple to return to the United States, Mrs. Cowman turned her attention to caring for her husband until his death six years later. Out of Mrs. Cowman's experiences and heartbreak came her first book, Streams in the Desert, followed by its companion Springs in the Valley. During the next twenty-five years, Mrs. Cowman inspired several nationwide Scripture distribution campaigns and wrote seven more books. Finally, on Easter Sunday in 1960, at the age of ninety, Mrs. Cowman met face-to-face the God she had served so faithfully for nearly a century. Jim Reimann has more than five million books in print in twelve languages, including the updated editions of Streams in the Desert and My Utmost for His Highest. He was a former retail executive and past chairman of the Christian Booksellers Association. As an ordained minister, Bible teacher, author, and expert on Israel, he hosted teaching tours of Israel and other Bible lands, which he offered through his website. www.JimReimann.com
- Author(s)Jim Reimann,L. B. E. Cowman
- Date of Publication14/05/1999
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight426 g
- Width114 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.