All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionHow can groups effectively meet the needs of humans in areas as diverse as aid, responsibility, action, healing, learning and acceptance? This edited volume aims to address these issues and provide ways to extend the current reach and quality of social work with groups. Based on a selection of papers from the 24th Annual International Symposium of the Association for the Advancement of Social Work with Groups (AASWG) the chosen chapters embody the strength and diversity of the Symposium, encouraging and encourage readers to Think Group . Chapters address the future challenges faced in social work with groups, including issues in teaching group work, holistic thinking about groups, team-building, staff development programs and university-agency collaborations to strength group work practice. There are chapters focusing on how mutual aid groups support trauma recovery, including one with firemen addressing the aftermath of the 9/11 disaster, as well as chapters that examine group work's place in community development, challenging social isolation, mask making as a medium for growth, and special issues in addressing concerns of children and youth. This book will be of interest to researchers, professionals and students in social work and human service fields.
- Author BiographyCarol S. Cohen is Associate Professor in the School of Social Work at Adelphi University, USA. Michael H. Phillips is Professor Emeritus in the Graduate School of Social Service at Fordham University, USA. Meredith Hanson is Professor in the Graduate School of Social Service at Fordham University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCarol S. Cohen,Meredith Hanson,Michael H. Phillips
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.