All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe glib, cocky, but well-liked Rick O'Donnell seems to have it all: a loving wife and three beautiful little children, a coterie of wisecracking friends, the respect of his professors, and a bright future ahead of him in the ivied halls of academe. The charming young professor-to-be, however, also hides a desperate secret: his brief, passionate affair with a hauntingly alluring girl who had been his own student just the semester before, and who w is a fellow teaching assistant with an office right down the hall from his. If the truth comes out, he stands to lose everything-his once-promising career, his marriage, perhaps even his life itself. In a finely grained, allusive, sometimes lyrical tale that explores the secret needs of the human condition, the vulnerabilities and the confused motivations, the soul-searching and the angst, a man w struggles, even with his shortcomings and the wrongs he has committed, to do right. And yet as Rick is confronted with the one thing he cant have revealed, he is forced in the desperate silence of his guilt to work through all the gnawing uncertainties and the memories he had thought were buried in the past. Hailed as vivid and emotional, smoothly presented and carefully crafted, with an unexpected conclusion...both believable and satisfying, the sensual, poignant literary drama Student Body is the frank and intimate tale of the harrowing week and a half which will decide a deeply conflicted man's entire future...and the lives of the women who love him.
- Author BiographyRafeeq O. McGiveron is a writer and educator with a knowledge of...well, writing and education, along with literature, cats, and other sundries. Holding a B.A. with Honor in English and History, an M.A. in English and History, and another M.A. in English, he spent the first 12 years of his career teaching English at places like Michigan State University, Lansing Community College, and Western Michigan University, while since the turn of the century he has focused on advising students at LCC. As a writer, McGiveron currently may be best known for his literary criticism. In academic journals he has published some two-dozen articles on a fair range of authors, though it is his work on Ray Bradbury and Robert A. Heinlein that probably is most familiar to students. Most recently, he wrote for, collected, and edited Critical Insights: Fahrenheit 451 for Salem Press in 2013, and in 2014 he released his novel of literary fiction, Student Body.
- Author(s)Rafeeq O McGiveron
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.