All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionSubmanifolds and Holomy, Second Edition explores recent progress in the submanifold geometry of space forms, including new methods based on the holomy of the rmal connection. This second edition reflects many developments that have occurred since the publication of its popular predecessor. New to the Second Edition * New chapter on rmal holomy of complex submanifolds * New chapter on the Berger-Simons holomy theorem * New chapter on the skew-torsion holomy system * New chapter on polar actions on symmetric spaces of compact type * New chapter on polar actions on symmetric spaces of ncompact type * New section on the existence of slices and principal orbits for isometric actions * New subsection on maximal totally geodesic submanifolds * New subsection on the index of symmetric spaces The book uses the reduction of codimension, Moore's lemma for local splitting, and the rmal holomy theorem to address the geometry of submanifolds. It presents a unified treatment of new proofs and main results of homogeneous submanifolds, isoparametric submanifolds, and their generalizations to Riemannian manifolds, particularly Riemannian symmetric spaces.
- Author BiographyJurgen Berndt is a professor of mathematics at King's College London. He is the author of two research monographs and more than 50 research articles. His research interests encompass geometrical problems with algebraic, analytic, or topological aspects, particularly the geometry of submanifolds, curvature of Riemannian manifolds, geometry of homogeneous manifolds, and Lie group actions on manifolds. He earned a PhD from the University of Cologne. Sergio Console (1965-2013) was a researcher in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Turin. He was the author or coauthor of more than 30 publications. His research focused on differential geometry and algebraic topology. Carlos Enrique Olmos is a professor of mathematics at the National University of Cordoba and principal researcher at the Argentine Research Council (CONICET). He is the author of more than 35 research articles. His research interests include Riemannian geometry, geometry of submanifolds, submanifolds, and holonomy. He earned a PhD from the National University of Cordoba.
- Author(s)Carlos Enrique Olmos,Jurgen Berndt,Sergio Console
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- Series TitleMonographs and Research Notes in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight862 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.