All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.45Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionA sumptuous, plainspoken prose belies a serious memoir in SURFING THE RAINBOW: That Is You vs. This Is Me, an insightful and meticulously autobiography by Hubert E. Johnson. As rich as it is earnest, the author's message is genuinely disarming and full of wit, grit, and clarity. Controversial and thought provoking, this former Special Forces, Firefighter and Postal employee shares his unconventional story. Events shaped his life unveil a deep-seated hold to his views on history, race, and religion. Indoctrinated on the Good Book. His is a story of faith, hope, mercy, and survival. At times adventurous, at times disturbing, the author's first memories begin when he was just five years old. Born into abject poverty to Southern migrants, he and his siblings followed the seasons from his native Texas to Louisiana and Mississippi to harvest whatever crop was ripe. His is an epic story of segregation, discrimination and ultimately spiritual triumph.
- Author BiographyArtist, active in community affairs and former professional sportsman, Hubert E. Johnson is the author of Poppy, a book about the world of drugs. A prosperous father and grandfather, he and his wife live in Long Island, New York.
- Author(s)Hubert E Johnson
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.