All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionSurveillance and Threat Detection offers readers a complete understanding of the terrorist/criminal cycle, and how to interrupt that cycle to prevent an attack. Terrorists and criminals often rely on pre-attack and pre-operational planning and surveillance activities that can last a period of weeks, months, or even years. Identifying and disrupting this surveillance is key to prevention of attacks. The systematic capture of suspicious events and the correlation of those events can reveal terrorist or criminal surveillance, allowing security professionals to employ appropriate countermeasures and identify the steps needed to apprehend the perpetrators. The results will dramatically increase the probability of prevention while streamlining protection assets and costs. Readers of Surveillance and Threat Detection will draw from real-world case studies that apply to their real-world security responsibilities. Ultimately, readers will come away with an understanding of how surveillance detection at a high-value, fixed site facility can be integrated into an overall security footprint for any organization.
- Author BiographyRichard Rik Kirchner, Jr. possess over 25 years of combined U.S. military, law enforcement, and professional security experience coupled with many years in business management ranging from Operations Manager of large scale contract security operations to V.P. of Marketing & Sales. For the past eight years he has been employed by the U.S. Department of Defense as an Antiterrorism Officer and Counterintelligence Officer and, most recently, as Chief of the Office of Threat Detection at the U.S. Pentagon. Mr. Kirchner has provided actionable protective intelligence, counterintelligence, and criminal intelligence with corresponding countermeasures with an emphasis on proactive threat identification, abatement, mitigation, and neutralization to reduce risk. Mr. Kirchner provided overall guidance and advice to program managers in development and assessment at the DOD. He was detailed to the FBI National Threat Review Unit and represented Dept. of Defense interests to the National Joint Terrorism Task Force.
- Author(s)Richard Kirchner
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.