Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSymbols: A Universal Language looks at the story behind the world's most famous symbols, from the peace sign to the smiley. It shows just how much importance has been attached to the smallest and simplest of ideas and features over 40 of the most significant symbols from religion, politics and popular culture down the centuries. Did you kw that 15 per cent of all tweets on twitter contain the hash tag symbol? That's over 41 million uses of number each day. Or that the 'smiley face' originated in Massachusetts in the 1960s? This fascinating book highlights the roles symbols have played throughout history and how they have shaped our understanding of the world.
- Author BiographyJoseph Piercy is the author of Slippery Tipples: A Guide to Weird and Wonderful Spirits and Liquers, Are You Turning Into Your Dad? and The Story of English. He lives in Brighton.
- Author(s)Joseph Piercy
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementExport ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.