All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionProf. McClain has, quite simply, produced a new kind of tutorial book. It is written using the logic engine Mathematica, which permits concrete exploration and development of every concept involved in Symmetry Theory. It is aimed at students of chemistry and molecular physics who need to kw mathematical group theory and its applications, either for their own research or for understanding the language and concepts of their field. The book begins with the most elementary symmetry concepts, then presents mathematical group theory, and finally the projection operators that flow from the Great Orthogonality are automated and applied to chemical and spectroscopic problems.
- Author BiographyW.M. McClain started working with Mathematica as soon as it appeared in 1988, bringing over ten years of nearly daily experience with Mathematica to this book. He has written many research papers that use Mathematica and has also used group theory throughout his 20-year research career in nonlinear spectroscopy. He published the first group theoretic analysis of nonlinear tensors in vibronic sprectroscopy, regarded by many as a landmark paper.
- Author(s)William Martin McClain
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1056 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.