All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn T. E. Lawrence: Tormented Hero, Andrew Norman sheds new light on Lawrence of Arabia, who remains a mystery to this day. Lawrence's sexual orientation is discussed in detail, including his dislike of physical relationships, and it is suggested that he suffered from sexual aversion disorder. Evidence that he was beaten on several occasions, at his ownrequest, comes from several sources and appears to be irrefutable. New light is shed on his fatal motorcycle crash in May 1935, and evidence is presented showing that it occurred in a different location and manner to that which is generally supposed. Photographs taken at the time are compared with the present day topography of the site to support this entirely new theory. Other aspects of his life which are discussed, include his relationship with his parents, tably his problematical relationship with his mother Sarah; his role in the Arab Revolt and subsequent disillusionment; his friendship with some of the literati of the day including E. M.Forster, George Bernard Shaw, and Robert Graves; his love for and veneration of Thomas Hardy; how Shaw's wife Charlotte, became his confidante; and how he took Lady Astor pillion riding on his motorcycle.
- Author BiographyAndrew Norman was born in Newbury, Berkshire, in 1943. Having been educated in Zimbabwe and Oxford, he qualified in medicine at the Radcliffe Infirmary. From 1972 to 1983, Norman worked as a general practitioner in Dorset before a spinal injury cut short his medical career. He is now an established writer whose published works include biographies of Thomas Hardy, Adolf Hitler, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Mugabe and Charles Darwin.
- Author(s)Andrew Norman
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note56 black and white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.