All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionNever before have so many people felt the American Dream crashing down around them. The corporate framework -- which values competition and the bottom line above all else -- keeps people running after an elusive goal and impinges on their personal lives. The authors show how our advertising-driven culture causes material desires to grow with corresponding increase in personal time or energy to pursue them. These artificially amped-up needs cause a pressure-cooker lifestyle that threatens health and happiness. This book teaches how to find balance by simplifying, paring down on material possessions, and reevaluating corporate careers.
- Author(s)Ellen Schwartz,Suzanne Stoddard
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.