All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a small group of religious students formed in 1994, the Taliban quickly grew into a national movement that occupied all of Afghanistan. When the Americans overthrew the Taliban in 2001, the United States thought the regime had been defeated. Yet today, more than a decade later, the Taliban continue to wage a bloody insurgency. In this extraordinary and compelling account of the rise, fall, and return of the Taliban, award-winning author James Fergusson presents the reality of the movement so often mischaracterized in the press while asking provocative yet necessary questions about the current strategy in Afghanistan.
- Author BiographyJames Fergusson is a freelance journalist and foreign correspondent who has covered the Taliban extensively. He is also the author of the award-winning book A Million Bullets and lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Author(s)James Fergusson
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication22/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight481 g
- Width149 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.