All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTanzania is one of Africa's greatest safari destinations, home to the legendary Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Mount Kilimanjaro as well as the 'spice island' of Zanzibar and lesser kwn gems such as the vast Selous Game Reserve and habituated chimpanzees of Gombe Stream. This fully revised edition of the guide covers every accessible national park and reserve, as well as many top n-wildlife attractions and the best accommodation in every price bracket. It includes in-depth coverage of wildlife and natural history, background information on the Maasai and other tribes, archaeological points of interest such as rock art and mediaeval Swahili ruins and an introduction to the Swahili language.
- Author BiographyPhilip Briggs has been exploring Africa since 1986, when he spent several months backpacking on a shoestring from Nairobi to Cape Town. He has visited more than two dozen African countries and written about most of them for specialist travel and wildlife magazines including Africa Birds & Birding, Africa Geographic, BBC Wildlife, Travel Africa and Wanderlust.
- Author(s)Chris McIntyre,Philip Briggs
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Note20pp colour + 63 maps
- Weight35 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.