All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Anatomy: A Practical Guide is the first book designed to provide highly practical advice to both vice and experienced gross anatomy teachers. The volume provides a theoretical foundation of adult learning and basic anatomy education and includes chapters focusing on specific issues that teachers commonly encounter in the diverse and challenging scenarios in which they teach. The book is designed to allow teachers to adopt a student-centered approach and to be able to give their students an effective and efficient overall learning experience. Teachers of gross anatomy and other basic sciences in undergraduate healthcare programs will find in this unique volume invaluable information presented in a problem-oriented, succinct, and user-friendly format. Developed by rewned, expert authors, the chapters are written concisely and in simple language, and a wealth of text boxes are provided to bring out key points, to stimulate reflection on the reader's own situation, and to provide additional practical tips. Educational theories are selectively included to explain the theoretical foundation underlying practical suggestions, so that teachers can appropriately modify the strategies described in the book to fit their own educational environments. Comprehensive and a significant contribution to the literature, Teaching Anatomy: A Practical Guide is an indispensable resource for all instructors in gross anatomy.
- Author BiographyLap Ki Chan, BSc (Biomed), MB,BS (HK), FHKCOS, FHKAM, FRCS Edinburgh, PhD (Duke) Assistant Dean (Education) Deputy Director of Institute of Medical and Health Sciences Education Associate Professor in Institute of Medical and Health Sciences Education and Department of Anatomy Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine The University of Hong Kong Dr. Chan has extensive experience in faculty development. He is the educator for the Asia Pacific region for AOTramua (the Swiss foundation which invented the original screws, plates and other instrument for fracture fixation), responsible for teaching orthopaedic surgeons in the region how to teach. He is the director of the Staff and Professional Development Programme in the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine at The University of Hong Kong. Wojciech Pawlina, M.D. Chair, Department of Anatomy Professor of Anatomy and Medical Education Assistant Dean for Curriculum Development and Innovation College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Dr. Pawlina is the co-editor-in-chief of Anatomical Sciences Education, the number one journal in the category of Education, Scientific Disciplines in JCR.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 127 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight940 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLap Ki Chan,Wojciech Pawlina
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.