All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere's a one-stop resource for teaching high school and college students how to become efficient, ethical, and critical information consumers. With the goal that students must attain digital information fluency in order to be successful learners, this book his book provides a practical, competency-based framework for teaching the underlying concepts. Uniquely, the learning activities are tied to Common Core and ISTE NETS (International Society for Techlogy in Education National Educational Techlogy Standards). Competencies taught fall into three groups: *searching, *evaluation, and *ethical use.
- Author BiographyCarl Heine earned his Ph.D. in education from the University of Chicago. He has over twenty years of teaching experience including both the College of DuPage and the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy where he worked with the 21st Century Information Fluency Project. He speaks about digital information fluency frequently. Dennis O'Connor holds masters degrees in both Online Teaching & Learning and Technology Integration and Instructional Design. He has taught middle and high school for more than 25 years. He currently teaches at the University of Wisconsin - Stout.
- Author(s)Carl Heine,Dennis O'Connor
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note10 black & white halftones
- Weight354 g
- Width150 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.