All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Music through Composition offers a practical and fully multimedia curriculum of over 60 lesson plans in 29 units of study, including student assignments sheets, worksheets, handouts, and audio, MIDI, and video files on a companion website. Author and award-winning music educator Barbara Freedman presents classroom-tested ways of teaching a wide array of musical topics, including general/basic music theory, music appreciation and analysis, keyboarding, composing/arranging, even ear-training (aural theory) using techlogy that will directly engage students in the twenty first century. The larger curriculum objective of this book is to teach basic musical concepts through the creative process of music composition. The tool with which students create, edit, save, and reproduce music is the techlogy. As Freedman demonstrates, techlogy allows a musical experience for all skill levels in opportunities never before available to compose music without having to kw much about traditional music theory or tation. All students can have meaningful hands-on applied learning experiences that will impact t only their music experience and learning but also their understanding and comfort with 21st century techlogy. Whether the primary focus of your class is to use techlogy to create music or to explore using techlogy as a unit or two, this book will show you how it can be done with practical, tried-and-true lesson plans and student activities.
- Author BiographyNamed a TI:ME Music Teacher of the Year, Barbara Freedman has been teaching music since 1997 and currently teaches Electronic Music & Audio Engineering at Greenwich High School in Connecticut. She is an author, consultant, trainer, and frequent presenter/clinician at local, state, and national in-service conferences and events.
- Author(s)Barbara Freedman
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteover 100 illustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width216 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.