Teaching for Successful Intelligence: To Increase Student Learning and Achievement by Elena L. Grigorenko, Robert J. Sternberg (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrengthen critical thinking skills with strategies that dramatically improve student performance! Coauthored by two internationally rewned educators and researchers, this resource helps teachers strengthen their classroom practice with lessons that promote successful intelligence-a set of abilities that allow students to adapt and succeed within their environment, make the most of their strengths, and learn to compensate for their weaknesses. The authors demonstrate how to design instructional units that help students apply successful intelligence to solve problems and make decisions. This research-based text also includes: Sample unit plans and 40 ready-to-use lessons illustrated with classroom examples Proven assessment techniques to promote the development of creative, analytical, and practical thinking skills Approaches to encourage both passive and active learning With teacher reflection activities and suggested homework for students, this resource is ideal for strengthening students' higher-order thinking abilities and raising overall academic performance!
- Author BiographyRobert J. Sternberg is Professor of Human Development in the College of Human Ecology at Cornell University. He was most recently President and Professor of Psychology and Education at the University of Wyoming. Before that, he was Provost and Senior Vice President at Oklahoma State University as well as Regents Professor of Psychology and Education and George Kaiser Family Foundation Professor of Ethical Leadership. He was previously Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Tufts University, where he was also professor of psychology and education. Prior to that, he was IBM Professor of Psychology and Education and Professor of Management at Yale University. Sternberg received his Ph.D. from Stanford and is the recipient of 13 honorary doctorates. In addition, he has won more than two dozen awards for his work. He is a former president of the American Psychological Association and the Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences. He is the author of roughly 1,500 books, articles, and book chapters. Elena Grigorenko is associate professor of child studies and psychology at Yale University and associate professor of psychology at Moscow State University. Grigorenko has published more than 200 peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and books. She has received many professional awards, and her research has been funded by various federal and private organizations. Grigorenko has worked with children from around the world, including those living in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
- Author(s)Elena L. Grigorenko,Robert J. Sternberg
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.