Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses skill formation, upskilling of workers, and their interaction with techlogical change in Gulf countries. Heavy dependence on oil, the 'Dutch Disease', and the high incidence of unskilled foreign workers have caused serious structural imbalances in the labour market in the Gulf. The author shows that success of ecomic development strategies to address such imbalances are all contingent upon the development of adequate and appropriate skills in the region. This book confirms the role and impact of the deficiencies in the educational system alongside the well established effects of the excessive use of uneducated foreign workers and lack of incentives in the labour market. A comprehensive investigation of the skill problem and an elaborate in-depth analysis to assess the causes, consequences and relationships between poor skills and techlogical performance are highlights of this book. This is an ideal resource for policy makers in the Gulf region and researchers of the topic.
- Author BiographyDr Samia Mohamed Nour is an Affiliated Researcher of United Nations University- Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) and Associate Professor of Economics in the Faculty of Economic and Social Studies, Khartoum University (Sudan). She is also the author of 'Technological Change and Skill Development in Sudan' (Springer, 2013).
- Author(s)Samia Mohamed Nour
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication04/12/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleContributions to Economics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.