All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a pleasure to any author to enlarge the circle of his readers. Naturally this is a pleasure to me. At the same time, however, misgivings arise: whether these pages will con vey to the circle of new readers the thoughts that excite the author. Science is advancing rapidly in our day. It is already apparent that many things in the book should have been stated differently. I have tried to make additions to the English-language edition in such a way that they do t require great alteration of the text. I ask my new readers to remember that this book was written primarily for my fellow countrymen and that, because of this, some chapters contain descriptions of regions little kwn to you and information on the USSR almost unkwn from other publications. I hope that, despite this, geologists who read the English-language edition will find something of interest to themselves in it and that their labor will t have been in vain. Yu. M. Sheinmann Institute of Phys ics of the Earth Moscow v PREFACE The study of endogenetic processes has long pushed us into investigation of ever deeper parts of the earth. Not long ago all attention was focused on depths where ore deposits appear, where metamorphic and igneous rocks, which later become exposed at the surface, are formed, where granites originate.
- Author(s)Yu M Sheinmann
- Date of Publication26/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight426 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.