All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first accessible introduction in English to Tertullian's works, providing translations of Adversus Iudaeos (Against the Jews), Scorpiace (Antidote for the Scorpion's Sting) and De Verginibus Velandis (On the Veiling of Virgins). Tertullian (c. AD 160 - 225) was one of the first theologians of the Western Church and ranks among the most prominent of the early Latin fathers. His literary output is wide-ranging, and provides an invaluable insight into the Christian Church in the crucial period when the Roman Empire was in decline. These crucial works studied, together with Geoffrey D. Dunn's comprehensive commentary, illuminate the early church's reaction to paganism, Judaism, Scripture, and its development of a distinctive Christian ethic.
- Author BiographyRec. Dr. Geoffrey D. Dunn is an Australian Research Council Senior Research Associate in the Centre for Christian Studies, Australian Catholic University. He is also a presbyter (priest) of the Catholic Diocese of Cairns. In recent years has has published more than a dozen articles on North African Christianity.
- Author(s)Geoffrey D. Dunn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleEarly Church Fathers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.