All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionTettered Money: Managing Digital Currency Transactions presents a comprehensive discussion of financial transactions using digital currencies, with the author, Gideon Samid, making the case for their expansion in tethered money. Exploring the technical, legal, and historical aspects of digital money, the author discusses how the emerging techlogy of money specified for a specific need or to perform a particular task will affect society. The ability to dictate, Samid argues, how money is spent could increase control over our lives and resources, enabling us to practice a certain efficiency that would, in due time, become a pillar of civilization. Informative and thought-provoking, the book describes an evolving future that, in some quarters, has already arrived.
- Author BiographyProf. Gideon Samid, PhD, specializes in engineering, economics, cyber-security, and cryptography. Following on his PhD dissertation Gideon has been developing the Universal Theory of Innovation which codifies the generic aspects of Research & Development, and which accelerates the innovation process by focusing on the credibility of the estimate of cost-to-complete. Applying the same for cyber-security, and exploiting his granted patents for a new dimension in cryptography (equivocation v. intractability), Gideon realized early, (2008), the multi-dimensional impact of frictionless payment, crypto-secured currency, and tethered money. He has been building-up this vision ever since; bringing to bear a wealth of cyber-security experience, engineering design, and economic analysis of high-uncertainty projects. Gideon earned his BSc., MSc., and PhD at the Technion -- Israel Institute of Technology; learned his craft serving the State of Israel, working at the Pentagon, Exxon, NASA, SAC, Presearch etc.; running D&G Sciences -- Innovation Productivity Corporation, and recently serving as the Chief Technology Officer at BitMint, LLC; also teaching cyber-security, cryptography, and digital money at the University of Maryland, University College, and at Case Western Reserve University. Gideon authored over 50 peer-reviewed technical articles, and a handful of critically acclaimed books.
- Author(s)Gideon Samid
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.