All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe only crisis of capitalism is capitalism itself. Let's toss credit default swaps, bailouts, enviromental externalities and while we're at it, private ownership of production in the dustbin of history. The Accumulation of Freedom brings together ecomists, historians, theorists and activists for a first-of-its-kind study of anarchist ecomics. The editors aren't trying to subvert the tion of ecomics - they accept the standard definition, but reject the tion that capitalism or central planning are acceptable ways to organise ecomic life.
- Author BiographyDeric Shannon is a PhD. candidate in sociology at the University of Connecticut, where he studies prefigurative politics and radical social movements. He is a co-editor of the book Contemporary Anarchist Studies: An Introductory Reader of Anarchy in the Academy and the author of numerous articles and book chapters, typically on radical political thought. He is a member of the Workers Solidarity Alliance, Queers without Borders, and co-runs the independent record label, Wooden Man Records. Anthony J. Nocella, II, while finishing his Ph.D. in Social Science at Syracuse University, he teaches at SUNY Cortland and Le Moyne College in Criminology and life skills at a youth detention facility. He is also an associate of a number of scholarly institutes including the Program on the Analysis and Resolution of Conflicts (PARC) and is the Executive Director of the Central New York Peace Studies Consortium and the Institute for Critical Animal Studies (ICAS). His books include Terrorists or Freedom Fighters? (ed.), Academic Repression (ed.), Igniting a Revolution (ed.), and Contemporary Anarchist Studies (ed.). John Asimakopoulos, Ph.D. is Director of the scholar-activist Transformative Studies Institute (TSI). He also edits the interdisciplinary per-reviewed journal Theory in Action. His work focuses on labor, globalization, and sociological theory. He currently teaches Sociology at Montclair State University and has taught Economics, Sociology, and Political Science at many New York and New Jersey Universities.
- Author(s)Anthony J. Nocella
- PublisherAK Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAK Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight483 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDeric Shannon,John Asimakopoulos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.