All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.05Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- Description<b>Hard science fiction's grand master delivers the stunning conclusion to his Orthogonal trilogy.</b> In a universe where the laws of physics and the speed of light are completely alien to our own, the travelers on the ship <i>Peerless</i> have completed a generations-long struggle to develop advanced techlogy in a desperate attempt to save their home world. But as tensions mount over the risks of turning the ship around and starting the long voyage home, a new complication arises: the prospect of constructing a messaging system that will give the Peerless news of its own future. While some see this as a guarantee of safety and a chance to learn of their mission's ultimate success, others are convinced that the kwledge will be oppressive or worse--that the system could be abused. The conflict over this proposed communication system tears the travelers' society apart, culminating in terrible violence. To save the Peerless and its mission, two rivals must travel to a world where time runs in reverse. Continuing the epic multiple generation-spanning scope of <i>The Clockwork Rocket</i> and <i>The Eternal Flame</i>, Greg Egan's Orthogonal series has continuously pushed the boundaries of scientific fiction without ever losing track of the lives of the individuals carrying out this grand mission. <i>The Arrows of Time</i> brings this fascinating space opera to a close. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a <i>New York Times</i> bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author Biography<b> Greg Egan</b> is a computer programmer, and the author of the acclaimed SF novels <i>Diaspora</i>, <i>Quarantine</i>, <i>Permutation City</i>, and <i>Teranesia</i>. He has won the Hugo Award as well as the John W. Campbell Memorial Award. His short fiction has been published in a variety of places, including <i>Interzone</i>, <i>Asimov's</i>, and <i>Nature</i>. Egan holds a BSc in Mathematics from the University of Western Australia, and currently lives in Perth.
- Author(s)Greg Egan
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.