All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth review of the former munitions companies in Birmingham and a fascinating insight into the social history of its workforce. The Birmingham Cartridge Manufacturers covers both shotgun cartridge and metallic cartridge production across a huge range of products giving examples of their related patents and headstamps. It is profusely illustrated with cartridge photographs together with those of the staff and their former workplaces. The author traces the rise and fall of these companies as they sought to match the demands of the day, often fuelled by both home and overseas wars and their diversification into other areas of production. The many companies covered by the book include BSA, Westley Richards, Kych, WW Greener and The Midland Gun Company, whose former ammunition production is w all but forgotten.
- Author BiographyBill Harding retired from the West Midlands Police Force in 1993 having reached the rank of Superintendent. He now works as freelance consultant and historian and archivist to the Birmingham Proof House and has established the only ammunition museum in Britain. His previous titles include Eley Cartridges.
- Author(s)Bill Harding
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight88 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.