All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.14
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.89
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.64
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.36
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary #1 New York Times bestseller that will be in movie theaters on November 15, 2013, Markus Zusak's unforgettable story is about the ability of books to feed the soul. It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still. Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can't resist-books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement. In superbly crafted writing that burns with intensity, award-winning author Markus Zusak, author of I Am the Messenger, has given us one of the most enduring stories of our time.
- Author BiographyMarkus Zusak is the author of I Am the Messenger, a Printz Honor Book and Los Angeles Times Book Award Finalist, and the international bestseller, The Book Thief, which has been translated into over thirty languages and has sold nine million copies around the world. He lives in Sydney, Australia, with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Markus Zusak
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Illustrator(s)Trudy White
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.